Menu
KT5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated Channels

I have pixelation on a few of my channels.  Was told I needed a TIVO box - new box installed still pixelation. Engineer called renewed indoor cables - still pixelation.  Worst channel SKY1HD and UK GOLDHD.

Any suggestions community please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelated Channels

Stock answer - pixellation is indicative of a signal fault, and if you've rebooted your box once, that fault needs finding and dealing with.

Personalised answer - Digital TV channels are carried in clusters (known as "muxes") which bear little resemblance to their EPG (TV Guide) positions. A fault affecting one channel on a mux, will likely affect them all.

Sky One HD is on the same mux as... BT Sport ESPN HD, Sky Premiere HD, NHK-Japan, BT Sport 1 HD, Liverpool FC TV

UK Gold HD shares a mux with...Premier Sports 2 HD, Sky Sports Racing HD, LaLiga TV, Sky Comedy HD, Nat Geo HD, Sky SciFi & Horror HD, Sky Greats HD, Freesports HD & Premier Sports 1 HD

If any of those are also affected, then you've got slam-dunk evidence of signal issues. If your indoor cables have been replaced, then perhaps there's another issue somewhere else. External cables to your streecab, a connector somewhere? Get that engineer out, and they should be tracing this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KT5
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated Channels

Thanks yes other channels are affected in the mux.  I have had an engineer out, new box and asking for a street team now but as yet no action.  I have to keep making time to ring virgin which is 45mins on the phone. Any short cuts you can suggest?

0 Kudos