cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel disruption

smurfy101
Joining in

Pixel disruption when I try watching recorded programs I have to reset every time I've watched a recording one or two channels are OK like sky but others are sometimes that bad it's too bad to watch 

3 REPLIES 3

smurfy101
Joining in

Tv is OK until I watch a recorded program then without resetting even normal programs have pixel disruption 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @smurfy101 

Is the pixelation just on recorded programs from certain channels, or is it affecting all recordings?

If it's just certain channels, are they pixellated when viewing them live? If so that would suggest a signal or wiring problem. Check all your wiring is snug and tight and free from kinks.

There isn't a function to scan the hard drive, however try pausing a live TV program and then play it back.

If that also has pixellation then it looks like it is a hard drive issue.

Are there any known issues? Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi smurfy101,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had with your Tv service. 

If you can answer the questions from newapollo that would help us to diagnose the issue. 

^Martin