Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixcelation and other issues

I paid to be an early adopter for TiVo over 10 years ago, and have a 1Tb TiVo box, I am not sure how many have one of those nowadays and been a cable TV customer to VM or one of the companies it purchased since 1993.

But this old box now pixelates badly  to the point sport is impossible to watch especially, on HD channels, the catch up channels no longer work just hang, and the remote buttons have no names, it can only be used because after 10-11 years we know the buttons.

Can anyone help on here, or do I use the support number which seems never to be answered?  The online support is like a circular catch-22 scenario, at least as in the book, as there is no chance of watching the film or the TV series coherently on my VM kit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixcelation and other issues

@Peffers wrote:

But this old box now pixelates badly  to the point sport is impossible to watch especially, on HD channels, the catch up channels no longer work just hang, and the remote buttons have no names, it can only be used because after 10-11 years we know the buttons.

Pixellation is caused by a poor incoming TV signal, which is caused by a service fault. Either a fault with your box, or the cabling somewhere - VM can determine where, and rectify appropriately.

If you want to look at swapping to one of the newer V6 boxes, and also have VM broadband (this is a requirement), then you'd be as wise to consider your whole package. You might find that swapping to a newer bundle could be cheaper, and as part of re-contracting for 12/18months you could negotiate a box-swap to a V6 as part of it.

A like-for-like fault swapout certainly shouldn't be a problem if necessary, though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peffers,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

My apologies for the delayed reply and the TV issues.

I've checked the system and can see you've spoke to the team since posting and received a new TV Box. I hope everything is resolved, however let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Upgrade to a v6 box and a Hub3 and so far so good.  Picture looks crisper and have not noticed pixcelation, but mostly watching CNN ATM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haha I wonder why 😉

Glad to hear all sorted 🙂

Have a good night. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos