Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pixalating

Hi,

We have a TiVo box and when we fast forward, pause or rewind or try to record the picture breaks up and badly goes into pixalating. It is causing a big problem now and to be quite on honest we may as well be on non recording free view box at this stage. Is there way of resolving this issue? I have tried the usual switch on off and re booting but still doing this. Really fed up now. Desperate not to have to ring as everytime I have had to ring been passed around like a bouncing ball and had to argue to get an engineer out. Has any one else had this issue and can it be resolved with out the dreaded call? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixalating

This sounds like a failed/failing hard drive. If live TV is fine, but as soon as the recording/rewinnd functions are used, that's a pretty clear indicator to me - and should be to C/S too.

C/S should be able to arrange a replacement box using the Quick Start service. Just make sure your symptoms are described as clearly as possible, and don't leave any room for "interpretation".

There's certainly no way of resolving this fault yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixalating

Hello CookieP

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Tivo box 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos