Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture pixelation on tv

For the past couple of days our tv picture has been pixelating. This happens on various channels - BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV3, TCM etc on SD and HD. Also on recorded programmes. This is happening on both TVs, which have their own v6 boxes. Have rebooted boxes, run tests on them, checked wiring, rebooted hub, checked for problems in area. Checked box outside on wall.

What should be my next step please as it’s getting to the stage we’re reverting to freeview.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture pixelation on tv

Well you've clearly got a fault! There sounds too many channels involved, to merit checking individual ones.. but if both of your boxes are affected, you've either been unlucky to get 2 failed boxes, or you've got a fault with your external cabling somewhere. Check it's not a reported fault by calling 0800 5610061 which lists localised issues, if nothing's on there then chances are VM don't know about your fault...

You then have 3 options to report this to Virgin, in no particular order (sorry to say) of how much patience you have, and how urgently you want this fixed...

1: Call TV Faults. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, follow the "I have a fault" options and patiently wait.

2: Use the text message service (07533 051809) this can take a couple of days.

3: Wait on here for VM statt to pick up your post - probably around a week, on current form.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Was very grateful to get advice from a VIP regarding my problem. However does anybody ever have any success when trying to contact Virgin?

Ive left a private message - said could be up to 24 hours for a response - but no response after over 48 hours.

sent text - no response.

phoned - got cut off twice, then got through to a recorded message saying they’d reboot the system and would send a text message when done in approx 10 minutes - that was over 5 hours ago.

It is just so frustrating. In the meantime I guess I just have to keep paying for a virtually unusable service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Burge1, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having this issue with your TV picture. I know this must have been frustrating. 
It may have been an outage in your area that affected this, I have looked on our faults checker on my side and cannot see any outages at the moment which is good. However, I can see that the stream levels on your V6 box is out of spec which will need an engineer to fix. I'll send you a PM now so we can get this sorted.

If any other users come across this thread and have the same issues, please check our service checker here just so you can get some early information if available, pop this in your own post.
As some troubleshooting tips, swap the HDMI cable with another one just so we can make sure its not faulty cabling.
Also, I have a couple of links here that will help walk you through some helpful flows - 
Distorted Picture
Error Code
Once you've done these steps please create your own post so we can help you.
Thanks Burge1, speak to you soon!
Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Burge1, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I've booked your appointment with an engineer, don't forget you can reschedule it yourself on your online account if the date or time isn't right for you. 

Please let me know how the visit goes!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos