Menu
NobbyT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture distorting

Good evening!

For the past few months, I have been experiencing some really bad picture break up when watching on my TiVo box.  It looks like the signal is being interrupted, multi colour blocks appear on the screen, the picture stutters and the sound drops.  I see the issue mainly on BT Sport 1, 2 and 3 HD, also on Sky Sports News. These channels make up 95% of my viewing time, but I have seen the issue on other HD channels.

At first I thought that this may be caused by the weather, but after monitoring, it appears the problem appears on sunny days, as well as rainy cloudy days.

As you can imagine this is really annoying, especially as live sport is my main usage. 

I have tried running the online status check, but everything comes back as "no problems have been found". The Tivo has been rebooted multiple times and I have reseated all cabling many times.

Unsure if related but I have to reboot my Hub2 several times a week as wifi drops and only comes back following a reboot (2G and 5G). Hard wired connections are fine.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any advice would be gratefully received. I have been unable to get through to anyone on the phone.

Cheers All

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture distorting

Sounds very much like you have signal issues, which is a fault.

Call 0800 5610061 to check there's no area issues, although I very much doubt it.

You then need to ideally call Virgin to report your fault. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

You could also try the text message service on 07533 051809, this may take a day or so to respond.

You're likely to need an engineer visit or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NobbyT
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help japitts.

It would seem that I am not alone in suffering with a dodgy signal.

I will try to contact the support line in the morning.

0 Kudos
NobbyT
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to feedback on my conversation with the Support Team, incase it helps someone else.

I called the support team on Thursday morning at 08:00, and spoke to a chap based out of India. He listened to my issues and the troubleshooting I had already done.  He asked me to double check a couple of serial numbers on my Tivo box, then he ran a test from his end. After a couple of minutes he said he could see an issue with the actual Tivo box. He arranged for a new V6 box to be sent out within 5-7 days. The box was delivered on Saturday morning for se,f installation.

Since setting it up, I have not encountered any pixelation issues.

Cannot fault the service!

0 Kudos