Menu
Highlighted
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break up on HD channels

@DiCycles wrote:
Update: My thanks to Louise for organising an engineer visit. He came yesterday and changed the connectors, but mostly the signal strength was fine and he couldn't find any 'faults' per se. He also said it could actually be the very hot weather causing the picture break up. To be fair, this now seems to have resolved itself on BBC2 and Channel 5 but is now affecting ITV4HD and BBC4HD. I'm not wishing summer away of course, but it seems things may get back to 'normal' once the weather does!

In the nicest way... you still have picture breakup, but the engineer couldn't find any faults? That's a contradiction, and I'm not blaming you...

Looking on Digitalbitrate for what else shares the same mux as BBC4HD and not being totally sure of your TV package.. how is the picture on CBBC HD or CBeebies HD? They share frequencies, so may have some common ground. ITV4HD: How about ITV2HD or ITV3HD?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lbartdeco51
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yea, I’ve had the same probs, all down to the substandard service dished out from VM to add insult to injury we’ve also lost UKTV channels! Time to move on to another provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lbartdeco51
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What a load of tosh! If the hot weather was to blame for picture breakup they’d all be complaining in Saudi Arabia!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
simo76
Tuning in
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problem for months now. I've changed HDMI cable twice. Been on phone trying to get it sorted but it's a complete waste of time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JT5
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, channels are pixelated, mainly sports Hd channels although i noticed Sky movies (401) , None HD, was doing the same thing this morning.

I can't bring myself to call the bloody awful support line again, after having around 6 weeks of Broadband issues.= and them telling me there was no issue with that service, yer right, whatever Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi JT5,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your channels.

I can see that you've been able to speak with the team since your post so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent break-up of sound and vision on many HD channels is a constant pain.  This has been happening for over a year.  Visits from engineers and promises to check and increase signal strength at street cabinet level only seem to provide temporary relief.  Requests for confirmation of signal strength increase at street cabinet and at my end of the cable are simply ignored.  How long do Virgin expect to keep customers if they treat us this way?  I have now resorted to watching non-HD channels which don't seem to be affected but that's not really satisfactory is it?  Terry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Now it's happening on non-HD channels too - eg AtThe Races Ch535 which, as far as I am aware, is non-HD. I've spent (wasted) so much time attempting to deal with this fault during the past 12 months+ I no longer have any confidence in the promises and supposed remedies offered by Virgin. Anyone else in the same situation? Terry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
roofer123
Joining in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

We are in the same situation. I pay extra for sports in HD but revert back to non hd due to the constant picture break up. I have been on the phone and gone through all the stages with a so called technician but the picture is still crap.

It is also happening on normal channels aswell. The cabinet in the street is about 50 metres from my house and from what I have seen inside that does not look good. Like and overloaded and exploding can of worms.

Perhaps one of the online mods can get this sorted out for me???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
quadbod
Tuning in
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your posting - it's reassuring to know we're not alone.  We are a LONG way from our street cabinet which I am led to believe makes matters worse.  I have been told (and I'm not sure whether to believe it or not) that it actually matters whereabouts within the cabinet our cable is connected.  It has to be 'near the top'.  Sometimes (I am told) technicians switch the connections around to improve someone else's signal which consequently moves us back in the queue!  But, like I said, this could all be absolute tosh.  I have spent so long dealing with it, I'm simply fed up.  I genuinely believe this is exactly the reaction that Virgin want - ie it's not worth wasting time so we'll put up with it.  They know (or believe) it's too much trouble for us to re-arrange all of our broadband, TV, telephone, etc.  They just don't seem to care.  We have filled in so many feedback surveys - we always include details of broken promises, etc but we have NEVER received any reaction to those surveys.

0 Kudos