Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Picture Pixellation - mostly BBC

Hi, new here and so hope you can help!

We are struggling with pixelation particularly on BBC1 HD.  We have re-started the box.  Have called VMedia whose automated service says that call centres are closed.  I then leave my mob number to receive a text link and nothing happens!

I then follow online instructions and end up being told to call!  If anyone has any advice we’d be really grateful!  Jenjbee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Picture Pixellation - mostly BBC

Pixellation is nearly always caused by a poor TV signal that is usually the result of a fault somewhere. Reboot your box once, call the status line on 0800 5610061 and then if unresolved, best to report it.

VM C/S are open and taking fault calls, but have a few issues and this is resulting in some queues at particular times of day and the occasional use of a "call centres are closed" message - persistence is the only answer when this happens! VM Staff respond to posts on here, but it's currently taking around a week - there's also a text message service on 07533 051809, but that'll likely take a few days too.

In the meantime... see if either ITV-SD (113) or BBC2-HD (102) are affected 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Pixellation - mostly BBC

Thank you! Will try those things.  I seem to have been stuck in a loop today with the ‘Covid  all centre closed message’ so will definitely persist!  And check on the other channels you mentioned too.🙂

0 Kudos