Menu
steebe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture Distorting

Our picture has started distorting and occasionally loosing sound when the picture goes all blocky

It seems to be on most of the BBC channels and currently watching ITV and the picture has gone all blocky 

I have tried using the get in touch options on the website but the page has an error code on it 

Do i need an engineer out ? or is my 10 yr old tivo box on its way out ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Distorting

Sounds to me like you're describing picture breakup and/or pixellation that's usually the result of a signal fault.

If you've restarted your box once, then you're best calling Virgin Media on 150 (or 0345 4541111) to report your fault. Chances are you need either a replacement box or for an engineer to investigate further.

In the meantime, are there any specific channels affected? You've mentioned ITV/BBC, not which ones or if these are the HD/SD ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
steebe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have problems with both cbbc and cbeebies, also on BBC2 and the normal BBC1 channels.

BBC4 has also been a problem along with some of the other channels further down the menu

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, almost certainly you've got a signal fault.

One reboot, then call VM and report it. You're likely to need an engineer visit or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos