Menu
Tweakie
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Periodic Tivo picture/sound issues

I have been having periodic issues with picture quality and the sound quality occasionally dipping with my TiVo box. It has improved slightly since replacing my HDMI cable but small issues still persist. I am getting pixelated bands across my picture occasionally. Sometimes as this happens the sound quality dips at the same time. It seems to happen on SD and HD channels.  Ranging from SKY Movies HD channels to 'Your TV'. I did report this to virgin prior to Christmas but I'm still waiting on any movement. I have rebooted the box, several times. I have disconnected and reconnect the coax cables to ensure there is a good connection.  Plus i have checked the TV status on the Virgin media website and got it to run tests, but it comes up with no issues. Not sure if there is anything else i can try, or if I'm just left waiting for virgin to get back?  Thanks

0 Kudos
quantumjohn
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Periodic Tivo picture/sound issues

Not meaning to hijack the post but to inform, I have exactly the same issue. Began approximately a week ago, occurs on all channels very randomly. TV service status shows no issues.

Next step is to report to Virgin?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tweakie,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry you've been experiencing some issues with the picture and sound on your TiVo. 

Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable into a different port on your TV?
Is your TiVo well ventilated?

Please check that the Coax cable, wall socket and splitter (if applicable) are secure and there are no signs of damage. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi quantumjohn, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry you're experiencing issues with the picture and sound quality. Do you also have a TiVo box? 

Have you checked all the cables are secured? 

Have you tried using a difference HDMI port on your TV? 
Have you replaced the HDMI cable at any point? 

Is your set top box well ventilated?

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Huwge
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Add me to the list too. 

This isn't the only topic on this matter. Getting picture break up with bands of pixelated colours on screen for a few moments. It was bad yesterday, thought it was fixed today but just had a momentary flash on BBC1 HD Wales.

Yes, all cables etc checked already

0 Kudos
Tweakie
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I am still having the same periodic picture and sound issues.

I have checked the coax cables and the splitter.  I have unscrewed them and reconnected them to ensure there were no issues.  There is no obvious damage to the coax cables.

My Tivo box is well ventilated and the help desk had previously told me that the hard drive in my Tivo was working well and not over heating, apparently that would cause similar issues.

i have moved my HDMI cable to another known working port on my TV, and this hasn't resolved any of the issues.  i have also replaced the HDMI cable with a brand new one and this hasn't resolved the issue either.

I hope you can help.

0 Kudos
THEGUYVER
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yep me too, for the last week -week half its been random and is very annoying. Also just found out our next door neighbours box does the same.

So if ours does it and there`s does it and other peoples does it im thinking its a major problem virgin medias end and not ours, please look into this very soon as people (including me) are **bleep** off with continual price hikes for a shoddy service!...my service area is CM2.....

0 Kudos
quantumjohn
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty_R,

I have a Tivo box.

Over the last week I have checked all the cables are secure and another HDMI port on the TV.

The HDMI cable has not been replaced and the Tivo box is well ventilated - in the same location it has been for the last few years.

I rebooted the box 3 days ago and had no issues for two days but now the same issue has returned and is getting worse i.e. more frequent and more of the picture pixelated.

Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

How's the TV issues been since posting? 

If further help required, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tweakie
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having issues with picture quality. As well as live TV, I also noticed it when I recorded A Quiet Place and watched it tonight, it had a lot of picture break up in the recorded film.

0 Kudos