Menu
6raham
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paying for Netflix but dont have an account

Hi, I am hoping someone can help or virgin might get in touch with me seeing as their message service hasn't had anyone reply for 3 days. I noticed in my last bill I have been paying an extra £9.99 since April. When I did manage to speak to someone from Virgin about it they said it was a third part app they cannot cancel it, I will include the transcript below for reference:

Dhileep
 at 11:20, Jun 7:
Normally the Netflix is a 3rd party app and any cancellation can only be done through the Netflix support which we do not have any access towards it.

Dhileep
 at 11:38, Jun 7:
I checked you account completely and I am not able to view the Netflix usage as we do not have the option and only the Netflix can have this checked and reverse the charges as its been charged by them. So you will have to call Netflix support on 0800 096 8879 or visit netflix.co.uk/help to have the subscription taken and the charges to be reversed.

Dhileep
 at 11:56, Jun 7:
I am really sorry, As mentioned earlier Its a 3pty app and we do not see any information related on that.

So I contacted Netflix and this is what they said:

Jozelle Netflix

Hi! Welcome to Netflix. How can I help?

You

Hi Jozelle, I noticed on my virgin bill that I am paying for netflix but I dont know under what details to allow me to login and make amendments, I have spoken with Virgin and they have said they dont have the details to the account as it is a third party app, hopefully you can help

Jozelle Netflix

What email are you using to sign in with?

You

********************** but that isnt recognised when i try to sign into netflix

You

nor is my telephone number

Jozelle Netflix

Got it.

You

but that is the only address i use

Jozelle Netflix

To confirm, have you registered for a Netflix subscription?

You

no, i never did thats why i initially questioned it with virgin, they said i need to contact you to arrange a refund

Jozelle Netflix

I understand but Netflix is unable to provide refunds to accounts billed by Virgin Media. If you believe that you were charged in error, contact Virgin Media for support. This is as per the agreement between Netflix and Virgin Media. See help link when you Click Here.

Jozelle Netflix

You can also send a copy of this chat transcript to your email for your reference when you click on the the End Chat button then select the Send to Email link.

You

ok, but how do i cancel the subscription?

Jozelle Netflix

Through Virgin Media as well, since the email you provided is not pulling up any account on our end.

Jozelle Netflix

That means the billing may be in error since there is no active subscription that we can find.

So can someone please help me resolve this issue. I dont want, need or use Netflix so I want to have it cancelled and I would like Virgin to refund me the previous charges.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for Netflix but dont have an account

Hi 6raham, 

Sorry to hear that there's been some confusion regarding a Netflix account linked to your Virgin Media account. 

You would only be charged for Netflix via your Virgin Media bill if you've asked for this, this can be done via the Netflix app directly on your box or by signing into My Virgin Media. 

If you wanted to change the way you pay then you will need to access your Netflix account online and select "update payment method". If you don't want to continue with the Netflix subscription at all then you would still need to do this via Netflix. You should be able to see the details of the Netflix account via channel 204 on your box.

If you do cancel and we receive a subscription fee before the you change their payment method, that fee will still appear on the next Virgin Media bill. 

Let us know how you get on with things. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there is no need to go through virgin to have Netflix I have it direct from them & pay 7.99 for HD content, 9.99 is for 4K okay if you have a 4K TV, it's much better as they are really nice and easy to contact & no problem cancelling no notice needed, virgin communications are bad enough why complicate matters.Regards Micky
6raham
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emma,

Many thanks for your response, I did manage to get through to someone the day before yesterday via your call centre, they confirm they had managed to cancel the subscription their end which she didnt think they could do, this meant she was going to speak to her manager and call me back the following day (which didnt happen) so evidently it can be cancelled from Virgin's end and I would presume on that basis the subscription can be initiated from Virgins end. At the end of the day it is a service i didnt sign up for, it is paid for via my virgin bill and i have been paying for it with no account associated to it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update 6raham. Have the team contacted you since your last post? The change would usually take 48 hours to show up on your bill that the subscription has been removed. Are you able to look into My Virgin media to check this? This would save you another call into the centre.

I cant explain how or why this has happened to you as you would need to register this, so really don't know how this has happened. 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
6raham
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, no unfortunately not and the £9.99 is still showing on my bill but that is because it is due today, I was going to wait and see whether it is on my next bill. I would still like a call back to confirm whether there is a refund possible as no one from my household has signed up to the service and it is impossible for me to cancel it with Netflix as they do not have an account to cancel...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear that you are being charged for a Netflix account you are unable to use.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look further into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

6raham
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I have sent you a message with the details. Thanks

0 Kudos
6raham
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paul,

Thank you very much for cancelling the Netflix subscription and resolving the issue for me, much appreciated!

Graham

0 Kudos
mans550
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul 

The exact same thing has happened to me.

I don't have a Netflix account and never signed for a Netflix subscription, either via Netflix or Virgin media, I don't even have TV service, yet started to get charged for Netflix subscription.

Are you able to help me also please?

0 Kudos