Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pairing Remote Control

I've managed to pair the remote with the Tivo box but app not with the TV as the remote does notcontrol the sound. Any tips?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pairing Remote Control

What brand of TV is it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Toshiba. I followed the instructions on screen to pair the remote and it gave me a code. When I input the code I never got the screen asking me if it had worked. (I've also watched the Virgin Media video on U Tube). So, the remote changes channels but doesn't change the sound nor turn the TV on/off. I have to use the actual TVremote to do the 2 latter functions.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ssfoe,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Have you managed to pair the remote since posting? Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, no luck in pairing yet The Virgin remote changes the channels but does not control the sound.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning ssfoe,

Thanks for coming back to me. Please could you reset the remote control and then re-pair it with the TV to see if it fixes everything?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos