Menu
Rnevin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PIXILATION

The picture from my box keeps pixilating, this occurs across all channels and is progressively getting worse after I first noticed just before Christmas. I have reset the box on a number of occasions but this has made no difference.

Is there anything else I can do is does this need engineer investigation?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PIXILATION

Eliminate hard drive issues by proving that the problem is on live TV.

Elininate software gremlins by restarting the box.

Prove it's the TV signal by checking that OnDemand (carried over the internet) is unaffected.

Check there's no area faults by calling 0800 5610061

If all these conditions are satisfied, you need either an engineer visit or replacement box. Although be aware, VM may not currently offer engineer visits for TV-only faults - please see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update , specifically "Our key workers will only enter a customer’s home to do essential work like fixing or installing broadband and home phone services"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rnevin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been through all those steps, it only affects live/recorded TV. On Demand is fine and there are no area faults. I have reset the box once again.

I suspect it is a box fault, what it the next step to get it repaired or replaced?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Rnevin wrote:

I suspect it is a box fault, what it the next step to get it repaired or replaced?

Call Virgin Media to report it. 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pixalation is very often a signal level issue which will require a engineer to adjust the levels between your box and the street cabinet, very often virgin can check this on the phone but don't be talked into the fact it can be fixed by the CS agent remotely. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Rnevin
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both.

0 Kudos