Menu
ChrisBrett1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Outside box broken

Have just spoke to customer services regarding a new cover for the outside cable entry box, it has disintegrated after 20+ years, the operator explaining to me in very poor English that I may be liable to a £99 fee. I was so angry I just hung up, what a [Removed] nerve have been a loyal customer since United Artists days when cable was first installed in our area and paying £84.99 a month for the service.

Am thinking it might be a time to change.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outside box broken

The £99 charge relates to a non-fault callout which, I suppose to an offshore-based faults agent, this could easily be understood as. Indeed, unless you're reporting an actual fault with your services (are there any?) then many UK-based faults staff could potentially take this line.

If you wait around here for a day or so, forum staff should respond and can often arrange a replacement for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ChrisBrett1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I had tried using the chat option the person took all the details and said he would send one to me, nothing arrived. So today I tried again but was told I need to phone customer service which I did but had a terrible time understanding them coupled with a very crackly line.

You ask if I had any faults with the service I would have initially said no but there are occasions when the internet and Wi fi drop out for no apparent reason but I just blame the hub 3 which others seem to blame.

I've seen on ebay you can buy a similar box to replace the VM boxes but it shouldn't be down to the customer to do this even though I'm quite capable to replace it.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ChrisBrett1,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with our customer service staff. Apologies about this.

We would be happy to help look into this query further for you.

Would you be able to attach an image of what your external box looks like so we can assess what we can do?

Can you tell us a little more about your connection issue? Are you experiencing drop outs on both WiFi and wired connections? 

We recommend setting up a BQM chart in order to keep track of your connection and any possible drop outs. This will help see if there are any regular and ongoing issues.

Please keep us updated and share your BQM graph link after 24 hours of monitoring your connection.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ChrisBrett1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

DSC_0384.JPG

0 Kudos
ChrisBrett1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There are occasional drop outs on the wired ethernet connections, the WiFi is worse have tried to improve things by purchasing a booster which has slightly improved things up stairs strength wise but still suffers with drop outs.
Running the super hub diagnostics it says move devises closer to hub when there in the same room.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ChrisBrett1,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue and for sharing an image of your external box. This will definitely need a technician appointment to have this box replaced. 

In order to have this appointment booked in, I will need to confirm a few details with you. 

I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @ChrisBrett1,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over Private Message. I was able to book a technician visit for you to replace the damaged omnibox for you.

You can manage your appointments on your online account if needed.

Please keep us up to date on your appointment so we know that the replacement cover has been fitted.

In regards to your connection issue, would you be able to let us know if your Booster is a Virgin Media Booster or a third party booster?

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

ChrisBrett1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi regarding the booster I did ask on the VM website some time ago and was told you are not sending out boosters at that time but there was talk of a new router that would solve all the problems but this would be rolled out soon I think that was last year.

So about four months ago I bought my own.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ChrisBrett1,

Thanks for getting back to us about this. 

We do offer new Intelligent WiFi Pods. You can get in touch with one of our team members on 150/ 03454541111 to discuss them in further detail if needed.

How is your connection without the third party booster? Have you taken a look at our Connect App which can detect any black spots in your home that can cause connection drop outs? 

Please keep us updated, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos