Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand

Hi, didn't know of anyone could help. When we buy or rent a film on demand it only plays a little bit and then cuts off and says that there is no connection when there is. I restart It then go to resume the film and after 10 mins it will do the same again. Is there any way to stop this as it is a waste of money. It's also does it with I players and catch up. Zak

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

Are you using a TiVo box or a V6? If not sure, check here

Advice differs depending 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV box

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll assume you have a TiVo..

It depends if the cutoffs are being caused by the box's internet connection being dropped, to an extent. The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, and on the front-left of the box there's 3 green lights. The second from left has a heart symbol next to it and should be solidly on to indicate a solid & stable internet connection.

If ever that light flashes, your box has a fault that's causing the internet to drop - this will cause anything that uses the internet (VOD included) to fail.

If that's not the case, then the cause could just be the TiVo being an older box and not quite so suitable for using apps such as the iPlayer. If you have VM broadband, you may wish to consider a swapout to the newer V6 box. It's much quicker and far more suitable for using apps, as well as having 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me. Is there anything I could do to prevent this from happening. Green light flashes when it disconnects so we definitely on the right tracks. The box is about 7 years old

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you want to report your box as faulty, you are best calling Virgin faults. Either 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you

0 Kudos