Menu
Sabg14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand

I’ve been unable to call virgin and the web chat is a complete waste of time. I’ve been having issues with on demand for months, getting messages saying there’s no connection which is incorrect because when I test the connection , I’m told everything is fine (albeit after several attempts). I grudge paying for a service that consistently cuts out despite reconnecting and rebooting and wondered if there were any plans to resolve?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On demand

The front of your TiVo should have 3 green lights on the LHS. From the left, they're "power", "online" & remote input.

Power & online should be on permanently, does the online flash when VoD has dropped out? This might indicate connectivity problems which will need a VM engineer to physically investigate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your post Sabg14, and a very warm welcome to you!

I've been able to look into your account and at the outages we're currently working on in your local area and can see the following;

Virgin Media: TiVo® & V6 service || Some apps like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video and YouTube may be unavailable at the moment. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused - opened on 14-JAN-2020 11:41:20

There is currently no fix date available for this as of yet

We apologise for any inconvenience caused 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Sabg14
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. It might be an idea to let customers know there’s a problem because it’s incredibly frustrating. Will there be a reduction in bills if we are unable to use app and on demand service?

thanks

0 Kudos