Menu
KFinney85
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand problems

Hi,

For the last month or so our on demand doesn’t work in the evening (could be at other times too, this is just usually when I’m able to watch tv)  - we get the wheel of death, box freezes/crashes, error messages, programmes will start and crash. Really annoying! Is anyone else having this problem or have any ideas what may be causing it? 

D4F78A58-89F6-476C-A7EF-2140FD8A5DD7.jpeg

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On demand problems

Is this a TiVo or V6? Check here if you're not sure.

Have you followed the advice in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 ?

Are you watching on a 4K UHD or Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KFinney85
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

This is the V6 box. Yes have tried following the error code info, this is happening intermittently every day 

And no this is not either of those TVs 

thanks 😊 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

603 can have a few different causes, but you've also mentioned your V6 crashing and freezing? That wants calling into TV faults for starters.

What do you mean by "programmes will start and crash"?

You've mentioned "error messages" but not specified what they actually are?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KFinney85
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

603 is the error message that usually comes up, as per the pic I added. The box only freezes when I try to play on demand shows, very strange. Sometimes when I press play on a show I get a loading wheel and it will then freeze up. The show sometimes starts, plays the ads / a few seconds of the show and then error message 603 pops up. At times it works fine with no issues. I will give them a call today, thank you! 🙂 

0 Kudos