Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working

Our virgin boxes don’t work when using the on demand service, Netflix or catch up... it throws us out every time, we have tried using the apps but they don’t work and tells us we need the v6 box (I don’t have the V6 box (something that virgin seems to have bypassed in telling us about) 

I’m paying for a service which is rubbish, this has been going on for over a month now, and it’s proving impossible to watch anything other than live tv... 

I have followed every suggestion that it states to try on the site and still doesn’t work and I’m then left with a black screen with ‘starting up’ which can stay there for hours (I have left it before now to see if it sorts it self) and the only way is to switch off at the plug and wait a while! 
I have tried numerous times to get hold of anyone at virgin and nothing! I  have been with virgin  for over 6 years! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: On demand not working

So your box is rebooting by itself, and VOD is unusable.

If you have Virgin broadband, I cannot recommend a boxswap to a V6 strongly enough - if not, then you should certainly report the box as faulty and have it replaced with a new one.

If you follow the options on the 150 menu for "I have a fault with my TV service", you may need to be patient at certain times of day, explaining your symptoms - the agent shouldn't need to do anything other than arrange a replacement box for you. And if you have VM broadband, that box will probably be a V6.

While TiVo is quite capable of running VOD services, the V6 is a much faster box and a vast improvement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

Thank you. I appreciate your response and I’ll give that a go. 🙂

0 Kudos