Menu
SEANSFARRELL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

On demand not working on TiVo box

Hi.
I keep getting’This show is temporarily unavailable’ when trying to access on demand tv. The screen asks me to try troubleshooting the on  Demand in help and settings or go to virgin media.com/servicestatus . I’ve tried everything ie rebooting,re setting, checking connections , checking service status . The service status reports there is a technical error on the TiVo box but I can’t get it to work. I’ve tried everything I can find on line to resolve this matter.

Please help.

Many thanks

Sean

cww
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working on TiVo box

Very similar situation.  Got a new Tivo today, and OnDemand is still not working.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Which TV box do you have - is the TiVo or the V6? If you're not sure, check here 

The boxes do connect to the internet (for VOD and other services) differently, so the advice on resolution alters.

Do you have any issues with live TV channels?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SEANSFARRELL
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a TiVo box which is connected to the main fibre wire ie bit the internet. The live channels are all working correctly 

Many  thanks

Sean

0 Kudos
SEANSFARRELL
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry . I meant TiVo box not connected to the internet 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff. Next thing is to ID whether this is really a problem with your box losing its internet connection. 2 ways to check.

1: On the front-left of the box there should be 3 green lights. The middle of the 3, next to a heart symbol, is the "heartbeat" light which indicates the internet connection. Is this on solidly, or flashing?

2: Using your TiVo remote, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. In the top-right, does the box show connected? In the top-left, it should show the date&time of the last network update or the reason for failure. That timestamp should be sometime in the preceeding 6-ish hours.

You can also try forcing a manual connection by using "Connect to Virgin Media Services now" at the bottom of the screen, waiting a while and repeating your check of the timestamp in the top-left.

Let us know how you get on with these checks and that should give us an idea what your issue might be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SEANSFARRELL
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The middle green light under the heart sign is solid(no flashing).

The network shows up as connected on the cable modem connection as well as the Ethernet connection in the upper right corner and the status in the upper left corner shows up as ‘succeeded’ and was last completed under 6 hours ago. I connected to the virgin media service now option and the connection was updated with a ‘succeeded ‘ status.

many thanks

Sean

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff - so your internet connection is as stable as it probably can be, then. Does this error occur on all VOD programs? Or just from particular broadcasters/channels?

There's a couple of small things I'd be tempted to try (for elimination) but I don't think it'll change the end result, so I'd recommend this looks like one for VM to pick up.

0 Kudos
SEANSFARRELL
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It seems to occur on all VOD channels and providers.

Thank you for your help. Can you recommend the best way for me to get VM to address this issue.

Many thanks

Sean

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ordinarily, that would be to all TV Faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and report the problem - or to wait on here for a few days until VM work their way to this post.

In this case, I've flagged this thread for attention by VM staff (hopefully) sooner for you.