Menu
Bradleys
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On demand movies lee freezing

My sky movies on demand keeps freezing. I’ve checked service and restarted the box but it keeps happening. Any suggestions as I can’t get through to virgin to report the problem. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand movies lee freezing

Hi if you have an older Tivo, I would consider an upgrade to a V6, you must have virgin broadband through for it to work.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you say the box is freezing, do you mean your TiVo is completely locking up and needing a restart? That's a sure sign of a faulty box in any instance.

Or is it just the Video On Demand that's stopping, and you get booted back to live TV?

The TiVo is quite capable of running these services, and there's some diagnostics that can be done... but it's also fair to say the newer V6 box is a vast improvement. As long as you have VM broadband, which is a requirement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bradleys
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is just the on demand movies through sky cinema, it plays for about a minute then stops and freezes. I had virgin fir years and regularly use the on demand fir movies. It stopped working a couple of days ago, so I gave it time to clear in case it was a Virgin problem but it is still not working today. 

0 Kudos
Bradleys
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I already have the v6. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do other On Demand programs play ok? With the exception of BBC iPlayer content, Sky Cinema OnDemand is delivered to your box using the exact same technology platform as other OnDemand including ITV CatchUp, Sky boxsets etc.

When the Sky film stops playing and freezes, does the box lockup and need rebooting? Or just you get binned back to live TV?

And is this on all films, or just specific ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bradleys,

How are you connected to the router as an ethernet connection is best?

Also have you tried forcing a connection to the network?

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection > Connect to Virgin Media Service now

You can also view the network status from the same screen and also test the connection from there.

Also are you having any problems with your home broadband?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Bradleys
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand movies keeps freezing

Well, it’s a month since my on demand stopped working and virgin have not resolved the problem despite many, many attempts to contact them.  Brilliant customer service - NOT, they simply are not bothered. Will be moving provider. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand movies keeps freezing

I see there's a few questions that've been asked of you (and would help diagnose your issues) that you've not responded to either... Specifically.....

Do other OnDemand programs play ok? With the exception of BBC iPlayer content, Sky Cinema OnDemand is delivered to your box using the exact same technology platform as other OnDemand including ITV CatchUp, Sky boxsets etc.

And how is your V6 connected to your home hub? Ethernet is recommended & Wi-Fi does open up more variables.

We can flag your issues to forum staff for attention, but if you can help us to help you with these questions, it'll be useful.