Menu
Deanna53
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand keeps stopping error code c130

• On demand programmes run for about 10 mins then stop, say the service is unavailable and often give error code C130. It has been going on for ages. Is there a general fault with TIVO boxes as I have read other posts similar to this (but no solutions posted),
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand keeps stopping error code c130

Hello Deanna53

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the On Demand service 

Can you enter the error code here and follow the steps 

If its still an issue then let me know so we can look at this in a bit more detail

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Deanna53
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. Rebooting does work - until the next time. To be honest On Demand is so slow and clunky I have largely given up on it. This is disappointing as I pay a small fortune every month for my Virgin Media services only to end up watching catch up more on my iPad. 

0 Kudos
iainplummer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. It takes about 4-5 attempts on average to watch a one hour show.

Instead of the usual try turning it off and on again nonsense, it would be useful if someone could indicate if the problem is most likely to be with the box or with the service. Running troubleshooter says I am not connected to broadband, which is rubbish because i'm typing this on a laptop now and i'm still getting an error on my tv.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? You've not said, and the advice does differ markedly as the boxes connect to the internet differently - if not sure you can check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MallRat
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The original question says it’s TiVo, so why ask if it’s TiVo or v6?

I am also sick of on demand crashing all the time on my “TiVo” box. It is obviously an issue for a lot of people, Virgin are happy to take our money but why can’t they fix this issue?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@MallRat wrote:

The original question says it’s TiVo, so why ask if it’s TiVo or v6?

@MallRat 

The thread was started by Deanna53, but I was responding to iainplummer - unfortunately when people add to existing threads rather than starting their own, this is an inherent problem 😉

@MallRat wrote:

I am also sick of on demand crashing all the time on my “TiVo” box. It is obviously an issue for a lot of people, Virgin are happy to take our money but why can’t they fix this issue?

Have you reported your issues to Virgin? It's hard for them to fix individual customer faults when those individual customers don't report them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos