Menu
Nicnac76
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

On demand issues

Hi

ongoing issues with tivo box for about year now and getting nowhere. When watching film etc on demand it keeps cutting off and when rstart film keeps doing the same thing, now when watching tv the picture is all distorted. Please help as my box in bedroom is fine just seems to be living room one. I have done all the checks and reboot, but still not fixed.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand issues

Which TV box do you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

What are "all the checks" that you've done?

If you have 2 boxes in your home and only one is affected, have you tried swapping them round? See if the fault follows the box or stays in the room?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nicnac76
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its a Tivo box. 
checked all cables are tight, run diagnostic checks through site, identified to reboot box, done that numerous times, problem still persists. Also changed box and still doing same thing 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, you've mentioned 2 issues in your original post, I'll answer them separately.

1: OnDemand issues. The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, and many problems with VOD dropping are caused by this connection failing with your realising. Do you have any flashing lights on the front-left of your box?

2: Pixellation on live TV - this often indicates a signal issue, and if you've reboot your box and the issues have persisted, this alone is a service fault which either merits an engineer visit or replacement TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Nicnac76
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Regarding tivo box, no flashing lights on it. This has been ongoing for about a year.

pixelation issues have been ongoing since November.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Nicnac76 wrote:

Regarding tivo box, no flashing lights on it. This has been ongoing for about a year.

Ok, that rules out a problem with the internal connection.

@Nicnac76 wrote:

pixelation issues have been ongoing since November.

Have you reported it to VM in that (approx) 4 month period?

0 Kudos
Nicnac76
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ive e-mailed, used text service, for which after weeks of various texts back and forth advising would put me in contact with relevant, team. Only to be told after weeks that they dont deal with message chats. I have also tried calling 150 number to be constantly told all lines are busy. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VM have never had e-mail contact for fault reporting, so I'm not sure what email address you've been using.

The text message service is admittedly not handling fault queries lately.

The phone lines are busy, there's no arguing with that, but calls are being answered if you don't give up.

0 Kudos
Nicnac76
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are tou doing anything about my query?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm only a customer like yourself, I'm not VM staff - this is primarily a user-community forum.

Based on what you've said, you've likely got a box fault and the best advice I can give is to report this to VM on the usual number.

0 Kudos