Menu
garyneill
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On demand black screen

I have had this issue for months on my Tivo V6 box.  On demand black screen when I select a programme same with all similar content Netflix & Amazon prime hubs etc.  It was set up through WiFi now cabled so it's not that. Switched the hdmi slots no difference

Turning off at plug makes it work as long as I continue programming as soon as it goes to red light standby and back on at any time it fails again. Fed up with having to do this.  I think I need a replacement box. The TV is a year old 4k Samsung tried 1080p no difference. It has done this a few times when I switch it on from red standby to black screen again needing a power off  this isn't really a good enough service for the amount I pay I expect better than this.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand black screen

Are you saying that VOD starts dropping to a black screen, will then play after you've restarted your V6? And then fails again sometime later?

Can you also confirm that ITV or C4 CatchUp programmes are affected by this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
garyneill
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Sorry I don't use ITV hub or CH4 on demand options so I have no idea if they do drop off when this happens usually sky one fox or syfy and they do fail to work.

0 Kudos
garyneill
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it's on Standby for any length of time only needs to be for an hr when I go go back to watch the rest or another episode later it goes to black screen 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to try watching ITV or C4 CatchUp (not using the branded app) when it's otherwise failed, and see if they are also affected? It may help narrow down what's possibly causing this.

Also, what're your power saving options set to? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

garyneill
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power saving settings is Connected Low Power.

Can I get back to you tomorrow with the ITV C4 check I don't know the details on that as I haven't tested it I would need to put it standby for an hour or more

0 Kudos
garyneill
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ITV and C4 on demand in all ways fails even searching for a programme on catchup produces nothing but a black screen.  I loose all on demand, catchup, amazon, netflix facilities. I cancelled Netflix service because of this but only keeping amazon prime for deliveries and kindle service.

0 Kudos