Menu
CaptW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Demand

Hello

I have repeat issues with the on demand service on my Tivo box.

I watch approximately 10 to 15 minutes of a program or Film and I then get an error message saying lost network connection, I have had code C130 and 133, I reset my Tivo and it happens again.

It has done it on numerous occasions, any suggestions? I have previously tried phoning Tech help, they checked the line etc, but I am still getting the same errors, any suggestions?

Regards

CaptW

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand

Which box do you have? Let's make sure before going further...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

The boxes connect to the internet differently, and the errors you've quoted are all connectivity related.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CaptW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

I have the oldest, Virgin TV Tivo 500gb box with the built in modem,

Regards CaptW

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I suspected.

Many issues with the TiVo using OnDemand are caused by the inbuilt internet connection failing without the user realising. No connection means no streaming, while live TV is unaffected.

On the front-left of your box, the second-green light from the left is your "online" light and indicates the box's online connection. Static is good, flashing is bad.

What is yours doing when you have this problem?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CaptW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

sorry for the delay in replying I have not had the opportunity to test it. I have just tested it now and the second of the two light flashes  when it come up with the error message.

regards

CaptW

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So the underlying fault here is your TiVo's internal modem is failing.

Outside chance it could be a fault on your local VM network, more likely it's a faulty box.

Either way, you'll need to report it to VM and get them to arrange either the replacement box or the engineer visit.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"