cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand picture starting jumping / sticking

Jettamcq
Joining in

The last 2 weeks the picture jumps and sticks when watching Netflix or Prime through the set top box. Any ideas what might be causing this issue? 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo section but this box doesn't have the Prime app, so you either have a V6 or a TV360 - can you confirm which?

The V6 has the TiVo-logo in the top-right, but the TV360 is totally different SW and doesn't. There's photos at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

While confirming that, can you also clarify whether OnDemand programmes & other apps such as iPlayer & YouTube are also affected? The common factor is that they all use the internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Jettamcq, thanks for reaching out on our help forum in regard to your TV service.
We'd love to help with this, can you please advise if you've checked if the TV box connects ok with our network?
Also, is the box connecting via ethernet or Wi Fi? 
For this, you can go to your settings menu by pressing the home button on the VM remote and go to settings>network>connect to VM now and see if this fixes the problem with on demand services.

Can you please also see if the problem is present on BBC iPlayer or other Apps like YouTube too, within your TV box?
Do you get any error message or code displayed when this happens or it's just the picture flickering and/or freezing?

From our system checks there seem to be no problems in your area network that might have impacted the TV, however we'd be able to assist if you share more.
Pop us a new message and let us know, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Adri_G wrote:

Also, is the box connecting via ethernet or Wi Fi? 

As mentioned above, the OP has posted in the TiVo forum and been asked whether they have a TiVo or a V6.

The TiVo doesn't support WiFi, has its own inbuilt internet connection. Only a V6 uses WiFi to connect to the home-hub.

@Jettamcq  Please confirm which box type you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks