Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On Demand keeps dropping

Hi for the last week or so every night we watch something on demand and after circa 15 mins the connection drops - we either reboot the box or more recently we’ve just waited about 10 minutes and it resets - anyone have any ideas what could be causing this - thanks in advance 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand keeps dropping

If the box is rebooting itself like that, it likely needs replacing. Is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

There's some troubleshooting can be done with the VOD dropping, but the reboots probably render that pointless.

You're likely to end up calling VM Faults with this. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TIVO box - we’ve tried calling 150 a couple of times and each times we got a message saying over an hour wait 😳 - just thought someone on here may have had a solution 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Realistically, your solution is to try calling earlier in the day when queues might not be quite so bad... or put your phone on speaker mode and get on with something else while you wait.

There's the text message service which can take a couple of days to respond, and VM staff response on here is currently around a week. Sorry....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks