Menu
FLS
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

On Demand films - service glitches and freezes

Hi,

For the last two Wednesday evenings we have tried to watch a film via our Tivo box. Last week we rented a film and it constantly cut out and we had to turn our Tivo box off and on again. Tonight we purchased another film from the Virgin store and again it glitched and froze twice requiring the Tivo box to be rebooted twice. We won't be trying this again and I would like contact customer services for some kind of refund as the film was unwatchable this evening. Watching a movie on demand is impossible at the moment.

I tried calling 150 but was unable to get any help. I don't know what the cause of the problem is though - there is a yellow service status alert in our area re TV (it was there last week too). We are supposed to have 200MB broadband but standing next to the router only 35MB was acheivable (I know this is not wired - I have no device that can connect wired). So I don't know if the issue with the films is a result of a fault with my Tivo box, an engineering fault or poor broadband. How can I get some assistance?

As services such as i-player are OK it seems most likely that it is a fault with the on demand service. If so, please can you tell me how to get a refund for films that have been unwatchable during this time?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand films - service glitches and freezes

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure - the 2 boxes connect to the internet differently.

iPlayer uses the internet connection just as much as VOD does. As a further test of VOD, can you try watching something from ITV, C4 or C5 CatchUp - the technology is identical to PPV movies so if one is problematic, both should be.

VM staff or C/S on 150 will need to pick up your charging query, but we should certainly be able to help diagnose the possible reason for the VOD dropping.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos