Menu
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On Demand - constant crashing

It’s frustrating and almost admirable that every day I take about 2 hours to watch a 1 hour program which crashes constantly throughout streaming from On Demand.  The name really should be changed; it bears no relevance to the service provided.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand - constant crashing

There may be a reason for this.

On the front-left of your TiVo, there's a series of green lights. The second-from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it, and is the status light for your TiVo's inbuilt internet connection.

Does this ever flash when you're having problems with OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s flashing!!! What now

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

..... and again.  Flashing green heart light when it crashes.  This also shows how frequently it happens too......  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the light is flashing, that means the internal 'net connection (separate from your home broadband) is failing. No 'net connection means anything internet-based (OnDemand, streaming, TV Guide updates) could all fail.

It's a fault. You can do one of two things..

Call VM on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and tell them your online light is flashing. This should trigger either an engineer visit or replacement box - it's extremely unlikely to be fixable remotely.

Wait on here for VM staff to respond, it may take a day or so.

If you have VM broadband, and are in a position to renegotiate your package for another 18months, you may want to consider looking at a swap to a V6. Much quicker, much newer box which still runs the same software as your TiVo but has a few extra "bells & whistles" including 6 recording tuners.

A fault swap for the same (but working) TiVo shouldn't be a problem in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And again.....  this is what happens every day......

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for this information - I shall proceed with an option provided. 

I wish you a wonderful day.

0 Kudos
luciewells
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you again.  Not sure why I’ve waited over a year to just call Virgin; new TiVo box being sent and should arrive tomorrow.  I may have taken the whinging route before the correct one too easily.  I own that much for sure.  Virgin were incredibly helpful and efficient.  Thank you to the team as well.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad you've (hopefully) got it sorted.

I suspect many people on here who have service faults would rather "suffer in silence" than do battle with VM-C/S to resolve them. There are occasions I have some sympathy with this, but ultimately VM can only rectify faults that they're aware of.

Hopefully yours is on the way to being resolved, on a forum where negative posts are naturally dominant, it's a pleasant change to read posts like yours - so thankyou for saying so.

0 Kudos