Menu
susiemack
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Glitches

Help! After numerous resets and signal restarts, my OnDemand is still glitching. E4 more than any other channel, strangely. 
I’ve tried calling but can’t get through to an actual person ☹️ I need my daily fix of Married At First Sight lol Please help!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Glitches

With the exception of the BBC who use their iPlayer app, all broadcasters & channels use the same OnDemand platform.

Can you explain what you mean by "glitching"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
susiemack
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

07194F6C-0784-498B-9DEF-B8FEDAF08A6C.jpeg

The picture pixelates and both the picture and sound stick 😟

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is that on live TV or OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
susiemack
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On Demand 🙂 I have it set to record the series and this is what I get

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let's be clear for a second here - if you're recorded a series, then you're watching a recording here, and not using OnDemand? (I'm ignoring the possibility of a VOD bookmark just now)

Can you find a programme from ITV, C4 or C5 OnDemand - browse the TV Guide for Monday or Tuesday this week, find a programme, and choose "watch from CatchUp".

The channel that you're watching OnDemand from, makes no difference to whether it pixellates or not - the technology/platform is identical.

I'm now not sure whether you're reporting an issue with OnDemand or live TV (affecting the resultant recordings)

In either case, the solution is the same - one box reboot, then call VM to report your service fault.

0 Kudos
susiemack
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies, i don’t have the technical background so have maybe confused the terminology. I have however already reset the box and this was where I was directed for help...I couldn’t actually get through to a person to speak to. Hence my frustrations. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's fine - if you're watching live TV channels then "poor signal" would tend to show as pixellated pictures. If a live TV channel is pixellating, recordings from that channel will also be affected.

OnDemand is carried over the internet, and poor speeds would tend to exhibit as buffering and/or stuttering pictures.

You can create bookmarks to OnDemand programmes, that appear in your "my shows" folder and play as if you'd recorded them - but they're OnDemand programmes.

If pixellation is occuring on VOD (Video On Demand), then it's possibly an issue with the decoders inside your box - a fault, in other words. That should clear with a restart.

0 Kudos