Menu
Doogs53
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old tivo box stuck on starting up screen

Can someone help me, please? I'm fed up of being passed from pillar to post!

I have been through all the 'help' on the Virgin Media website to try and resolve the issue of my Tivo box stuck on the starting up with clock screen for 5 days.

I have checked connections, i have turned it on and off dozens of times, i have spoken to a lovely polite lady (after waiting on hold on and off for over an hour) who tried a few things before referring me to a level 2 fault dept who she was confident would be able to fix it and would ring me within 3 hrs. No one rang back, obviously. Seems the way with everything these days.

Anyway, something has been attempted  to fix the box remotely because i began to work but very sluggishly. Unfortunately, within the hour it froze, attempted to reboot itself, and crashed. I tried a test again, only to be told there was a problem with the test and to repeat the test. 2 more attempts and i was told i had tried too many times.

Now if i was a new customer, I'd have the latest v6 box for around half the price I'm paying for 12 mnths and none of the hassle of having to stay in and wait for non-existant call backs to fix an 8yr old box that i pay £5/mnth for...

If i have to ring up and wait on hold tomorrow for another hour+ at least it will be the last time because i will use the call to ease my woes and cancel my service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old tivo box stuck on starting up screen

Hi. Sent me a pm by hovering over my name and send message with your account number and area code and I will look into it for you.

Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Angelo_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Please can you send me a Private message (just click on my name) with your account number and postcode and I will look into it for you.

Kind Regards 

Angelo

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Doogs53
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For anyone reading this thread, the issue is still not sorted. A home visit was arranged by ScottB, allegedly, but no-one showed up and no-one could be bothered to let me know they weren't coming either. I was told by ScottB it was due to a fault in my area being rectified (a manager allegedly said they assumed it had fixed my issue so they cancelled

In comparison, my colleague had a problem with his router from a rival provider on Monday evening. He got straight through to them on an online chat where they said his router had a fault but the line also needed attention. He had a new router by 10am the next day and the line was repaired the day after. That's customer service. In comparison VM are an absolute shambles!

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As I said there was a area fault and was auto cancelled, sorry contact was not made to you, but if it is still not working I can rebook the tech visit for you.
Again sorry for this.
Scott

0 Kudos