Menu
Dunners1965
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old Virgin Box

So yet again another price rise but Virgin Media have not upgraded by box for a long time, it is slow & getting increasingly slower, can I get a box upgrade free? if so how do I go about doing that

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Virgin Box

TiVo boxes have never been known for their speed, but are perfectly serviceable and that's a good reason for there not being a proactive swapout programme.

Having said that, if you have VM broadband (which is a requirement with a V6 or 360) and you're out of contract, then you have a perfect opportunity to review your package deal, and try to negotiate a box-swap to the V6 into the bargain - all in exchange for a new 18month contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Virgin Box

Hi @Dunners1965 

You've posted in the TIVO so I'm assuming you have the older TIVO box and not the more recent V6.

You can compare boxes on the following page to confirm which one you have.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

The TIVO has it's own internal modem to provide the internet functions required to run that box.

However, neither the V6 or the 360 box have the internal modem so you would also need a VM broadband subscription to run either of those boxes. They don't work with other internet providers.

If you do have broadband with VM, or would like to take out broadband with VM then you could negotiate a new deal/price with VM and insist that they include a free upgrade to one of the newer boxes. The 360 has a completely new interface to the V6 and TIVO, and several of those box functions are missing so I suggest going for the V6.

Speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract and a more up to date box..

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos