Menu
elfriniel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old Tivo box

My Tivo box has been playing up, and I was told I will be sent a new one to install myself. No problems with that, but I have about 50% of my hard drive full of things I want to watch (I don't even know how many hours that is, but a lot). 

I was wondering if it is possible to still keep the old box, just to watch the recordings from, and then run my new one to record new stuff. I don't really know how all this works so no idea if this is possible. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Tivo box

Hi @elfriniel 

Unfortunately when boxes are swapped out you need to return the old one.

Also you won't be able to transfer recordings or series links to the new box.

I suggest you make a note of series links so you can set them up on the new box.

You might be able to find some of your recording via On Demand or Catch Up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
elfriniel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice newapollo

I know I would have to send the box back, but what I am asking is would the box work for playing content on, if for example, I kept it for a few days before sending it back?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If your box is replaced by an engineer appointment, they will take the old box away with them before installing the new one.

If it is replaced via self-serve QuickStart, then when the new box is activated a deactivation hit is given to the old one. Once that deactivation hit is received, the old box will no longer work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks