Menu
Steppers
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old Tivo box not connected to the internet

I am trying to sort out a problem for a 76 year old neighbour who has just come out of hospital. She lost broadband and I rebooted the router and it came back, but she does not have any On Demand services and the TV guide shows mostly "To be announced". I have rebooted the Tivo box (it is not a V6 box), but it just says a cable is not connected when I try to reconnect. They all look OK to me.

The TV channels and broadband are fine.

Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Tivo box not connected to the internet

The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, separate from the home broadband. It sounds like this has failed.

On the front-left of her TiVo, there are a series of green lights. The second-from-left is the "online" light, it has a heart symbol on the box. If this is flashing, it means the internet connection isn't working - rendering TV guide updates, OnDemand & streaming impossible.

Static on is what you want to see - but a flashing light is most likely a box fault. The TV channels are carried separately, as is the home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos