Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Old Tivo Box Streaming issues

Hello, over the past few months my old Tivo box has been have trouble streaming both Netflix as well the other streaming services. I have tried using an Ethernet cable to see if it was a wifi issues but it hasn't solved the problem at all. it will stream for a maximum of about 15 minuets and two white lights flash on the box and say service issues. The rooter is working fine as there is no flashing lights on it. Anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this?

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Tivo Box Streaming issues

The TiVo (as opposed to the V6) has an inbuilt internet connection fed over the coax cable, it doesn't use your router.

I'd be looking on the front-left of your box where the second-from-left green light is the "heartbeat" which indicates your box online status and should be solidly on. Quite often when users of old TiVo's have problems with VOD and streaming apps, it means the internal modem is dropping the connection and this light is flashing.

It's a fault - which needs reporting to VM. If you also have Virgin broadband then it may be worth considering going the "regrade" route of looking at a new (potentially cheaper) package which can also include a box-swap to a (much better) V6.

But even if you don't want to do that - report your faulty box and VM should either arrange an engineer visit or (more likely) arrange a replacement TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thank you for the reply and the answers as well yes I think there is something wrong with the TiVo box gonna try and call up tomorrow and see about getting it fixed or replaced. Unless I can report it here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Depends how urgently you want it resolved. Calling through can have some long queues currently, but forum staff have upto a weeks delay in responding to posts at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi BeardedHeathen,

Thanks for your post, I have checked remotely and there's is an issue with your tivo I can get an engineer out to you I will pop you over a message asking for some details

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have called up and managed to get a new TiVo box and installed it the other day the issue has been fixed thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this is resolved for you 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos