Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Noisy box

Hi. Monday morning we noticed that our box in the living room is making a very loud noisy fan noise. We have tried turning the box off and back on, unplugging the box and restarting the box. The noise is happening all the time. 

I did ring Tuesday but after being on the phone an hour the line went dead and I've tried several times to chat to someone on the live messenger with no joy. 

When the house is silent (at night time) the box is so loud. Only way to stop the noise is by unplugging the box. 

Our other box in the bedroom is perfectly fine and isn't making this noise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy box

Neither the TiVo nor the V6 (check here ) have fans, but the V6 is noticeably quieter.. I'm going to guess this noise is perhaps the hard drive spinning?

What's the affected box's power saving settings? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power Saving (I think - doing that from memory)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My power saving settings are on eco low power. It's a new box as we are new customers and the loud noise started a week after it was installed.

When the box is on standby mode it's still happening only time the noise isn't there is when we unplug the box. 

We haven't got the issue with our multiroom box only the one in the living room. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sounds like a faulty hard drive, phone go down the TV faults route. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

Been trying to get through to them since Tuesday with no joy. 

Will try again.

0 Kudos