Menu
BB4ALL
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No volume on remote control

I have gone as far as entering all the codes but still none of those match the tv so what is the best thing to do now. All the channels change but the volume can only be raised or lowered by using the tv remote, the tv is a Samsung 7 Series. I have completed each of the tasks in the sequence given by Virgin to get the remote to work but none of the codes given work.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No volume on remote control

Hi there

Have a look on here as this page has got some troubleshooting tips for TV codes.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
BB4ALL
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I used those steps last night but the codes they gave onscreen didn't work. Now I see there could be 38 codes. I'll just carry on with it as it is until I get the right code first time and it works. But thanks for your help it's much appreciated..

PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem with a new Toshiba.

The link above says the box should detect the TV and display a code, but it talks about a V6 box even though I clicked on Tivo first, and my Tivo says to press clear and TV together, wait for two green flashes, enter 0999, then press channel up at 2 sec intervals until the TV turns off, then press OK and should get two green flashes.  The first time I press channel up the TV goes off, press OK and get two green flashes, but when I turn the TV back on again the Virgin vol buttons do nothing.  I did this successfully for the previous Panasonic TV.

Another set says to press clear and vol up together, then work through the codes given here https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/audio_remote_code_list.pdf

I get two green flashes after trying each of the three codes for Toshiba but still nothing from the Virgin vol buttons.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos