Menu
Freddie8
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No tv reception

1. My tv has pixelated for last week in SE9 area. Completed diagnostic test and result states all equipment ok and no service issue. Dial 150 and says known error and complex engineers working to correct 
  2. . Both can’t be correct, in mean time no tv
  3. anyone in my area having same issue
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv reception

Hi go to the top right corner of this page and click on check service status, or ring 0800 561 0061 for a more detailed local information regarding outages.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Freddie8
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still no tv. No information why. Told will be restored on 27th, but was told it would be fixed by 22nd, so no reason to believe it.

has virgin been hacked and that is why they will not say what is wrong?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Freddie8,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our TV services we understand the frustration caused when things are not working correctly.

Looking remotely from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile we can see there is an area fault which is affecting your services.

This unfortunately is affecting both the TV and Broadband services, we estimate to have this problem resolved today at 11am. This is an estimated fix time so is subject to change.

Our faults ticket number is C01137536 for your reference.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Freddie8
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate your feedback, 

as I speak still pixelated, but not disappointed as my expectation was very low.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're still having issues, I've checked for you and I'll provide the updated area fault details below.

Reference: F007997498

Estimated repair date: 31 AUG 2020 13:15

This is in regards to utilisation so may not show on your service status page but you can quote the above reference to any agent for an update following the estimated repair date above. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Jelly88
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is the third or fourth time I’ve seen this reference number - all with different resolution dates. One dating back to June so hardly seems legitimate... I’m 5 days in with total loss of service and wanting to cancel my contract before I’ve even received my first bill. 

0 Kudos
Freddie8
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My service has been fully restored. Last time I looked on my account there was no message from virgin media. When I spoke to a call centre some time ago they said I would automatically be recompensed. This has not been an insignificant loss of service so I would expect some compensation, simply not asked to pay for a service not given will be inadequate. 
The price increase over my contract has been considerable so now researching for an alternative supply.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Freddie8.

We run the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme so if there was a full loss of service over 48 hours this will be automatically credited to the next bill.

In regards to the package price, the team can help with that over the phone on 150/0345 454 1111 or over text on 0753 305 1809.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos