Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No tv, no internet, no phone, phone virgin via mobile put on hold

Nothing working, wont do a status check via internet.

Customer service awful. Looking to cancel today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv, no internet, no phone, phone virgin via mobile put on hold

So you would leave Virgin simply because there might be a public electricity supply failure in an adjacent estate that has taken out the optical node in your area. This might not even be Virgins problem but that of the power supply company, & BT is just as vulnerable to such outages with their fibre services.

Power outages also stop auto fault reporting from some of the cabinets, so Virgin may not be aware there is a power cut.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

System breakdowns I can put up with that happens in life, but having to phone a 0345 number to be pushed onto a series of numbers to press then be put in a queue for 20+ minutes is an absolute joke when im paying £108 a month, internet is always dropping its connection on the router. Been with Virgin 15 years and the customer service is the worse its ever been.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@hornbeam98 wrote:

System breakdowns I can put up with that happens in life, but having to phone a 0345 number to be pushed onto a series of numbers to press then be put in a queue for 20+ minutes is an absolute joke when im paying £108 a month, internet is always dropping its connection on the router. Been with Virgin 15 years and the customer service is the worse its ever been.

Just to point out 03 numbers are landline rate numbers. I wouldn't argue with call queues longer than a handful of minutes being a bad show.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, 03 numbers are landline numbers, no bloody good when you have no landline and you have to use your mobile where the rates are higher, Virgin need to up there game and not take the pee out of people or they will just leave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you must have a really crap mobile contract if you are being charged for 03.... numbers

a call to 03.... should just use some of your packaged minutes. 

if in doubt call an 0800 sales line - they will pick that up quickly and optimistically, then ask to be put through to ..... that workaround works with many companies

there also used to be an 0800 status check number