Menu
Blue79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No tv guide

My tv guide says 'to be announced'

I've reset the box several times and tris to connect but it says failed negotiating

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No tv guide

This often means your box has lost connection to the internet and can't download the updates. Assuming you have a working connection, you can force an update by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect now.

In your case, the error "failed negotiating" probably means the connection isn't present - are you using a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tags (1)
Blue79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's a V6

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How is your V6 connected to your VM homehub?

The box gets its internet connection from the homehub.. is it using an Ethernet cable or WiFi?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the status (including WiFi signal if appropriate) is reported in the top-right. What's shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Blue79
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ethernet cable. Not sure what you mean by what is shown?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the status (including WiFi signal if appropriate) is reported in the top-right.

In other words, if you are in this menu on your V6, the screen will have information on it. What is shown in the top-right?

0 Kudos
Blue79
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

20201207_190626.jpg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff. So you've got an Ethernet cable in but it's evidently not working. You also last connected on 15th Nov, so did you make some change to your equipment or setup, on that date?

There's something about the 192.168.0.100 IP address that I'm not liking, but I can't put my finger on it.

Can you try unplugging the Ethernet cable from the back of your V6, and see what happens in this screen? I'd expect you to see "Ethernet cable unplugged" and you could try following the prompts to connect via WiFi, which will be as much a diagnostic exercise as potentially provide a temporary workaround.

Then try reseating the Ethernet, and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Blue79
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou.  I've reset the ethernet plugs and it's working fine now.

0 Kudos