cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound and picture pink!

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Switched on television last night. Everything is pink and no sound.  Same this morning. Any help rectifying this really appreciated.  Have family arriving today and no television for the children is a bit awkward.  Thank you .

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First check whether different video sources are equally affected - OnDemand, live TV and recordings.

A coloured tint tends to be an HDMI fault which should affect everything - in which case try a diferent HDMI lead and/or different HDMI port on your TV first.

If only, say, live TV or OnDemand is affected but other video sources are OK - try restarting the TiVo via the Help & Settings menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Thank you. All services on tv are affected.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A coloured tint tends to be an HDMI fault which should affect everything - in which case try a diferent HDMI lead and/or different HDMI port on your TV first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Thank you for taking time to respond. Nothing is working at moment. No sound in any platform and totally pink screen.   Managed to speak to someone from Virgin who have arranged an engineer call out.  Thanks again. 

@Evelyn60 wrote:

Thank you for taking time to respond. Nothing is working at moment. No sound in any platform and totally pink screen.   Managed to speak to someone from Virgin who have arranged an engineer call out.  Thanks again. 

By that do you mean no matter what device is plugged in, in whatever HDMI port?

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Yes, none working.  Strangely can get other programmes using fire stick , perfect colour but still no sound.