Menu
ocaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No signal from TiVo to TV hdmi cable

When I switch on my TV I get no signal even though Virgin TiVo box is switched on. 

I have tried changing hdmi cables, it is the correct source and nothing wrong with cables as it works with all my other devices when I connect same cables and used same source.

Even when I change sources, only way to get the TV to show picture from TiVo box is unplugging TiVo box and when I plug it back in it shows picture.

It's as if TiVo box has to reboot to send signal through hdmi cable. Is there a setting or something I'm missing or is there a fault with my TiVo box.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal from TiVo to TV hdmi cable

@ocaz wrote:

When I switch on my TV I get no signal even though Virgin TiVo box is switched on.

Just to clarify, "no signal" is an error from your TV, yes?

When you switch your TV on, is your TiVo in standby, or has it already come out of "sleep"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ocaz
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal from TiVo to TV hdmi cable

Yes no signal is displayed on tv, however other devices when connected don't have this issues with same hdmi cable when I've tested them.

TV is switched on after previously being turned off at the plug and it is then in standby mode. Powered on and no signal is displayed on hdmi source is connected to TiVo box. TiVo box is never switched off but comes out of standby mode.

0 Kudos