Menu
JC82
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No picture but sound okay

We’ve had our box for a while, but in the last couple of weeks are having big issues with the picture. It just drops out, regardless of channel, often after only 30 seconds of the tv being on. The sound stays fine, but no picture, it doesn’t come back even after a few minutes, have to turn the box and tv off and on again 5/6 times before it fixes it. Just watched a programme on Netflix, had to restart 5 times, then as soon as the next episode started it drops out again! I checked the settings as per another suggestion, it’s on 1080p. 

0 Kudos
Kris5555
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No picture but sound okay

Hey, 

If you have access to another HDMI cable switch it over, worth a try. Normally with HDMI cables it's either on or off, no in the middle so if you have had the box for a while check the HDMI port on your is free from dust and isn't loose. 

Do you have sound from the tv or sound bar? Could be worth checking the tv HDMI port as well. If the HDMI cable is stretched it could over time could cause issues with the ports. Always aim for longer than you need cables. 

Good luck! Hope it's a quick fix for you!!  

0 Kudos
JC82
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, trying that now. We don’t have a sound bar so it must be the tv speakers. 

0 Kudos
JC82
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Switches the hdmi cable and it’s made no difference...

0 Kudos
JC82
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Every time I turn the box back on, it’s says ‘waking up from eco power mode’. It doesn’t appear to drop the picture when we’re watching a recording, haven’t noticed any issues with anything there. But in the last couple of days trying to watch live is impossible. In the last ten minutes I’ve had to turn the box on and off again ten times! This is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello JC82

What box do you have?

Are you still getting the same errors 

If so , let me know and I will have a look at this in more detail 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
JC82
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks; further investigation seems to indicate it’s actually our TV rather than the box. 

0 Kudos