Menu
Highlighted
bobkent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No network connection on Tivo Box

Hi,  I have a Tivo box (older one) and suddenly around a month ago we can no longer watch catchup and will not show what is on most channels (says to be announced). Also not recording series we have saved to record.

Nothing had changed with the network during this time.

I have replaced the cable, plugged it directly into the router and reset the router.  Everything else on the network works fine.

When I try to set the network up on the Tivo box it says that it cannot connect to the Network, only thing I can see is that it cannot contact the DNS.  My router assign's them automatically. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network connection on Tivo Box

TiVo doesn’t use your broadband. It has its own connection.

Report your fault to Virgin Media.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to Ernie's advice, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and just check what the box is reporting as the reason for failing to connect approx every 5 hours.

Your symptoms clearly indicate these connections are failing, but the info in this screen might just give a clue as to why. The resolution is the same, mind. If a box reboot hasn't solved it, then report the fault to VM.

Highlighted
bobkent
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I unconnected the Tivo box and reconnected, it then done a software update.

It then updated the network connection and installed software, it now all works apart from channel information, just say to be announced.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good, sounds like you've got the box back online then.

The TV Guide updates itself roughly every 5-6 hours, so I should imagine by now that this has now populated?

Highlighted
pthomson001
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Verify that your Ethernet cable is securely plugged in between your modem and router. Ensure that all connections are securely plugged into the TiVo box, wireless adapter, and any additional equipment used to connect your box to the Internet. ... Unplug your modem and router then wait 10 seconds and plug them back in. For more information contact via Virgin Media complaint number

I am Passionated Design professional with 4 + years of global experience in areas of Responsive Web Designing, Graphic Design and HTML.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bobkent
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its all working as it should, its a shame that the box does not tell you to restart to install updates. As its obviously the pending software update that caused the issue in the first place.

Thanks for the replies to this, please close.

0 Kudos