Menu
MikeJ19
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No channels on secondary box

We’ve been with Virgin for a number of years with little to no issues. However, for the past month our second box has been slowly losing its picture. It started with minor pixelation and now we have no picture on any channel at all. But we can still watch saved recording on the box just fine.

We have been attempting to get hold of Virgin Media for the last four weeks. We call and it directs us to the website, we go online and it informs us to call. I understand this is a difficult time for everyone but we are essentially paying for a service we aren’t receiving.

Whay can we do to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No channels on secondary box

Hi MikeJ19,

Have you tried swapping the boxes around to determine if it's a signal or box fault? Also try different HDMI cables/ports.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
MikeJ19
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve tried swapping out the HDMI Cables and also using a second box. The second box just gets stuck on the initialising screen and won’t load at all 

Mike

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Mike,

So the second box works in the first location, but not the second location, so it sounds like a signal fault. Sounds like you need to book an engineer.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.  

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You will probably go through a series of automated responses. If that heppens call back around 10 minutes later and a member of the faults team should pick the phone up.

A member for the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be a day or two.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
MikeJ19
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Dave. I shall try all options in your post

Mike

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Mikej19 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm how your services are today? 

What type of box is the second box? A V6 or a Tivo 500? It may say on the base of the box.

Can we also please confirm if you've already rebooted the Tivo box and checked all the wired connections are secure? 

Thanks, Emily

0 Kudos
MikeJ19
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

The second box is a Tivo 500 and I have rebooted the box many times and checked all wired connections thinking that this was possibly the cause of the problem, None of this made any difference

Thanks

Mike
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, have you already tried going through the below steps?

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
MikeJ19
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all of those steps Emily and still no change

Mike
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MikeJ19,

I've arranged to send a technician to take a closer look at this.

You can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos