Menu
tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No TV for several days now

I have been a customer for a decade but am about to switch to another company as Virgin have become a disaster. I've had no TV for several days now with the infamous "green screen of death". Customer Support claim the Tivo 3 box is fine & we're working on a local fault. That bought them time but I will be agreeing another deal, at about half the price, tomorrow. Has anybody else suffered such sppaling service from VM?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV for several days now

Firstly which box do you have? Check here if you're not sure - I only ask because there's no such thing as a "TiVo 3"

Can you confirm that it's the "DVR has detected an error" green screen that your box has? Once you can confirm, I'll escalate this post to VM Forum staff to respond and hopefully arrange what faults C/S should have done in the first place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Japitis (AKA Mark)

Apologies it was my router I was thinking of, its a Tivo V6 I have, & yes I get the green screen saying ".The dvr.has detected a serious problem & is now attempting to fix it..." so wait 3 hours etc..

This first happened last Friday & I started phoning Customer Service the next morning. Any way you can push it would be appreciated.

I got a quote from Pop Telecom so am about to sign up with them. But if Virgin get their finger out I might reconsider, however they are doing everything they can to push me overboard at the moment. They even phoned to attempt to sell me an "upgrade" today, which made me laugh!

Thanks a lot for anything you can do.

Dave

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem - it just helps to be sure, especially where kit replacement is the outcome you need.

I've escalated this thread to VM staff so it's been pushed up their "to do" list - this forum isn't real-time, and it'll be tomorrow before they respond. But you shouldn't have to wait as long as you might otherwise do.

Hopefully this should result in the correct outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you kindly. Greatly appreciated. Makes Customer Service into a joke.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @tattiedave 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to reach out. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your V6. 

I have run some diagnostics on our end and I can see that we are going to need to get an engineer out to you.  I have taken the opportunity to book this for you. You are able to find the time and date via your online account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please explain why this was not done when I first reported the fault nearly a week ago?

I will log into my account again to discover when. I hope it's very soon as I will be leaving Virgin Media by Monday.

Thank you for taking action.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me.

I haven't a clue why they couldn't see the same issue as me.  It is far below the level of customer services we aim to provide. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pure incompetence in my eyes. I got a message from the engineers so hope they bring a new Tivo box with them!

I will let you know if they fix it.

Thanks again

Dave

0 Kudos
tattiedave
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Zak

Engineer came with a new Tivo box so all sorted.

Thanks for your help, as without your intervention I would no longer be a Virgin media customer.

Greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos