Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No TV box continually rebooting

TIVO box has stopped working around 24 hours ago. Constantly rebooting until the 'starting up' screen and then switching off to no signal and repeating continually. The online 'run test' facility is saying everything looks good and taking me around in a loop. Cant get through to anyone at customer services just endlessly on hold. Not sure what to try next!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV box continually rebooting

Hi sazzle86,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your TIVO box.

I see you've used the online faults checker and it thinks your box is working, when phoning faults the system should recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for a Faults agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone.  The best to call at 8am to avoid call queues  You could also try the thinking of leaving us department, it may be quicker.

There's also the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Failing that you can wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up, but that can take froma few days to a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tips, I’ve tried messaging in. Tried calling for up to 1 hour on hold at a time. It’s day 4 now and I can’t get a hold of anyone. Shocking service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Updating on the unlikely chance someone from virgin will pick this up, 7 days on still no response from virgin via phone or text. Yesterday the online fault checker finally flagged up saying they were sending a new box. New V6 box arrived today, no adapter to fit the existing cable into the box! So I now have two virgin boxes sitting here and still no service! Again can’t get through to anyone at virgin, about pulling my hair out with this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sazzle86, 

Thank you for posting to the Community and our apologies for the delay in response. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your equipment and then further issues when the new equipment arrived. 

On checking your account I can see you have spoken to the team since your last post to us so just wanted to check in and see if this has now been resolved for you.

If not, please let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Nat
0 Kudos