cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound on recordings after pausing

LJyorkie
Joining in

After pausing or skipping recorded programmes, there is no sound (picture is fine) . Signal is then lost temporarily to the tv (tv goes blank) and then programme comes back on and sound is sometimes restored. There has also been times when pausing/skipping and restarting the picture stutters and pixelates, which is only rectified by going back to live tv then playing again from recordings. All cables have been checked and box restarted. Any ideas how to rectify??

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen when you pause or rewind OnDemand programmes?

If it does - then it points at an issue with the HDMI output.

If not - I'd be minded to a hard drive issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just tried on demand (a few different programmes) and pressed fast forward a few times (minuets) when it catches up there was no sound but picture ok. Tried pausing and play, still no sound Have to come fully out and back to tv guide and start again. On one on demand programe FF and played, and was sound but like a stuttering electronic sound tried on live tv, and if FF or rewind (quickly) had no sound when remumed play. 

Hi @LJyorkie 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the sound issue. Can you confirm, is this present on both boxes? If not or not tried the other one, can you do this for us and report back? One of the boxes is showing as offline as well, please could this be left on so we can run further tests?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The second box has been on all day (usually off as its in bedroom and makes too much noise at night) . There doesn't seem to be a problem with that box, so looks as though it is the lounge box only, which os most used.

The problem also occures on live tv, e.g.when watching Netflix.

When the sound stops (and  picture plays as normal) there sometimes is a stuttering electronic sound like the sound is stuck.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LJyorkie wrote:

The problem also occures on live tv, e.g.when watching Netflix.

Netflix isn't live TV, it's an internet-based streaming app - but you have proven that the problem occurs regardless of the source material.

Can you try using the HDMI lead from your working box, on the non-working box? And vice-versa?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We have tried two different HDMI cables in all three HDMI ports on the TV.  The problem still occurs.

Hi LJyorkie, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one and for checking the other box too. 

As this is only happening on one box, and you've already tried a few things, we'd like to arrange an engineer to come and take a look at the box. They will be able to resolve things there or if not, issue a replacement box for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @LJyorkie,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs