Menu
marklewis1960
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No Service

I need to report a fault on vulnerable & elderly parents landline, tv & broadband.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service

The quickest way of doing this will be to call from any other phone, 0345 4541111 and follow the options for "I have a fault with my phone service" which I would imagine would flag the vulnerability. I don't know whether TV or broadband faults are flagged in the same way.

Forum staff work through posts on here, but it takes a few days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @marklewis1960

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I am sorry that you're having issues getting the help you need in regard to your parents service issues. Are they having issues with all 3 services? 

You can check their postcode on our Service Status  page - there is also a link at the top of the Community page. You can also call our status line on 08005610061

If nothing is listed when you have checked, please pop me a reply here ASAP and we can pop you a Private Message to take some account information and assist anyway we can - we're online until 6pm this evening.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marklewis1960
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As @ 12:36pm BST the situation is the same. My Father's details are as follows: -

Telephone - [REMOVED]

Account ref - [REMOVED],  Account No. [REMOVED] area 21.

Thank you fro trying to help.

To confirm - TV, Telephone & BRoadband ALL down.

I personally can be contacted on [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @marklewis1960

Thanks for confirming they are still having issues - the information has been removed as we do not allow personal information to be posted here. I will pop you a Private Message so we can take the details and help you out directly. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply as soon as you can, 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message there @marklewis1960 - glad that we have been able to get a technician sorted out for your parents. 

At the time of checking we have no known area issues; please feel free to keep us posted your end with how things are looking. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
tinapart
Just joined
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The Tivo box in my elderly frail sister's bedroom suddenly stopped working this afternoon.  We need either an engineer or a replacement box as soon as possible.  Please advise,  Thank you

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@tinapartPlease call VM C/S on 150 or 0345 4541111 to report your fault. It will (probably) be the quickest way of getting your issue resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi tinapart, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues that's been had with the equipment. Can I ask if you could expand on what has suddenly stopped working? Is there any lights on the box or does it boot back up etc? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
marklewis1960
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi - as at 1pm BST no one has arrived or been in touch with my parents. JUst to stress again they are in their 80's & vulnerable.

0 Kudos