Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Netflix

Jeez I need help - tried to get in touch with Virgin Media every which way - telephone, online form, twitter... nothing! The customer service is the worst. The only time I have ever received good service is when my Mum died and I rang the bereavement line. Almost thinking gonna have to fake my own death to get to speak to someone - how sad.

I can't watch Netflix just keeps freezing  - error code nw-3-16. Nothing wrong with Netflix so I think from looking at a few previous questions I need a new Tivo box V6. But haven't a clue however I will ever book an engineer. Someone please help! I'm beggin you...

If I can't get resolution I'm just going to take the box out, cancel my DD and get a different provider. At my wits end and I pay nearly £100 a month for the service.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Netflix

@McGiggles wrote:

I can't watch Netflix just keeps freezing  - error code nw-3-16. Nothing wrong with Netflix so I think from looking at a few previous questions I need a new Tivo box V6. But haven't a clue however I will ever book an engineer. Someone please help! I'm beggin you...

What makes you think you need a new box? I don't mean that rudely, just curious and it'll help to advise... And are you using a TiVo or a V6 currently?

@McGiggles wrote:

If I can't get resolution I'm just going to take the box out, cancel my DD and get a different provider. At my wits end and I pay nearly £100 a month for the service.

However bad VM's service might get, if you cancel your regular payments I can assure you it'll make it a whole lot worse - with potentially lasting consequences for your credit rating.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I don’t know I’m just at my wits end having spent hours trying to get in touch with VM. Things I’ve tried: resetting TiVo box (what I have at minute); resetting Netflix; running all the online checks. I’ve tried to get in touch by phone, online form, Twitter. To no avail. I take on board the comment about credit score. Any ideas how I might be able to sort advice / an engineer to come out? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TiVo currently, or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

Further advice can follow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, there's two things that could both (separately but also together) be causing you issues here.

Firstly the TiVo, while being perfectly serviceable, is fundamentally an old box and does struggle with the streaming apps. The solution is a V6, that's another point.

Secondly, the TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt, but failure of this is the underlying cause of many issues on these boxes. On the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, the second-from-left indicates the "online" status and it should be permanently on. Flashing, means your box is offline and is a fault.

Do you have VM broadband at all?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Green lights on permanently. Yes we have VM broadband. 
Just thinking ahead the first issue will require me to speak to virgin won’t it, which so far has proved impossible. I’m really thankful for your help though.

0 Kudos