Menu
markp2gill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Catch up or On Demand

• For the last 2-3 weeks I have been seeing a light flashing on the front of my TiVo box and it coincides with Catch Up and On Demand services being unavailable. TV channels are all fine. After a while(varies from a few minutes to hours) it stops flashing and the services return.

When I run a check on the box, it says that I'm not connected to the network!

This is the second box in my setup,  a V6  being the other and this doesn't suffer from this problem.

I've tried calling/messaging technical support but the problem disappears before I get to speak to someone.

Regards
Mark
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Catch up or On Demand

Is this the second green light from the left of the box? Far-left is the power-light, next one in is the "online" light then it's the remote input.

If so, then your TiVo is losing its connection to the VM network which would cause VOD services to drop. One reboot is probably worth it just to be sure, but if the light is fluctuating that often, there's a chance the box won't come back on if it can't establish connection to restart.

If the online test is showing you're not connected, a call to Virgin faults is in order. If you say a V6 in the same house is ok, that proves your external cabling is fine, and it could potentially be your TiVo box trying to die.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
markp2gill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is that light flashing.

After rebooting it tells me that there is a network availability issue, and I still have the same issue as before.

Will call VM.

Regards
Mark
0 Kudos
markp2gill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to VM technical support an engineer visit was arranged but shortly after I received a msg saying that they would fix the problem remotely.

Later that evening received another msg to say that problem fixed, and so far that has been the case.

Regards
Mark
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Markp2gill and sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

It does look like there's some power level errors showing so I've booked the below appointment for you using information on the forum.

Tuesday 28th between 8am and 12pm.

If you need to reschedule this you can do so on your online account here

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
markp2gill
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks.

Yes the problem did return last night but was ok again this morning..

Regards
Mark
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like some power or signal levels are on the edge of what's acceptable, and the box is flapping between them at times.

Hopefully the tech can get them back in the middle of the acceptable range, as a permanent fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos